My sincere apologies for the long silence. It’s been almost a year since I’ve posted something here but I’ve been caught up with a lot last year – including my 365-day blog project I called 2:45pm. It was fun but time consuming. Anyway, I’m back….and will write more and on a regular basis.
So an update:
- I am currently halfway through a 6-month contract (ending June 30, 2014) with the DPEM Library (recently amalgamated Fire and Police Libraries), which is situated at the Police Academy
- I have recently stepped down as the ALIA New Grads Group Coordinator for Tasmania (below is a certificate of appreciation of my volunteer contribution to the group last year)
As much as I have enjoyed organising professional events for the library community in Tasmania, I think it is due time that I step down as the state’s coordinator. My involvement with ALIA has certainly given me many professional opportunities and hopefully the next successor will gain as much enjoyment and valuable professional development as I have. I thank those who have supported the group!
Also, my New Graduate status has expired as it was December 2012 that I received my Master of Information Studies at Charles Sturt University.
Well my aim now is to:
- write regularly here about what I’ve learnt professionally;
- get involved with worthwhile projects; and
- attend professional development events and training whenever possible